Friday, December 10, 2010

Since most of this blog is about cars and motorcycles I thought I would show you how it is possible for all those things to move. I work for an oil company and no I do not get a discount on gas and yes when prices go up I get pissed too. This is a platform off the Santa Barbara Ca coast, probably one of the most sensitive and regulated places in the world. We produce about 3,000 barrels a day from this platform, not a whole lot in the grand scheme. The money and taxes generated to the local economy is in the millions a year, the impact is minimal. There was a time when the coast was filled with platforms and oil. Now we get it from the Saudis and Iraq and everywhere else but the U.S. Oilmen in the U.S are a dying breed, just like car companys and U.S made goods. If the tree huggers have their way we will all be driving a Prius, lets see you kustomize one of those!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment